Job Description – HEAD DISTILLER, TENTH WARD DISTILLING COMPANY
Tenth Ward Distilling is a micro distillery, established in 2016, and located in the heart of downtown Frederick, Maryland. The business is locally owned and operated and specializes in whiskey, brandy and absinthe.
We pride ourselves on challenging the traditional style of distillation while making a product which flavor profile is influenced by local ingredients.
The Head Distiller is responsible for continuing the production of our current core spirits, seasonal and limited releases. In addition, the Head Distiller will be tasked with growing our barrel program by focusing on production efficiency and creating new recipes that align with the Tenth Ward brand.
This is a Full-Time position. Expectation is that the distiller is available the full 50 hours to manage and perform operations. Must be available to support evening and weekends events when needed.
Managing the production of spirits including but not limited too: weekly status updates with owner, brewing, still operation, proofing, bottling & labeling, ordering, reporting and sanitation of equipment and production space.
Compliance: Monthly and quarterly Federal and State excise reporting. Maintaining accurate operation logs.
Management: Hire, train, and manage a growing operations team to meet our increasing demand.
Front of House: Available for specific events to provide knowledge about product, and about company history.
Leading growth of Tenth Ward’s spirits and barrel program: Develop budget and production plan that increases growth, implement efficient practices, and create processes and recipes.
Professional Development: Stay up to date with current industry standards and best practices, grow understanding of current industry trends.
- 2 years of experience in the distilling and/or brewing industry
- Proficient in running basic distillation procedures
- Innovation using creativity to build recipes
- Decision making pulling from experience with ability to foster efficiencies
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Familiar with basic troubleshooting for operation equipment
- Capable of developing and maintaining production budget
- Attention to detail supporting product quality controls and brand standard
- Customer service skills and effective communication to support customer engagement and brand promotion
Candidate must be able to lift 50lbs on consistent basis, with weight up to 75lbs occasionally. May involve exposure to cold, hot and humidity. Frequently used equipment is Forklift.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.