Tenth Ward is a craft distillery established in 2016, and located in the heart of downtown Frederick, Maryland. We are a woman-owned, locally operated and specialize in unconventional spirits and elevated cocktails.
Job Description: The mixologist will be responsible for working set bar shifts during weekdays and weekends, developing cocktail recipes for the seasonal and year round menu and weekly specials, mixing cocktails, pouring spirit flights, participating in staff meetings, selling bottles to go and completing all required side work.
Hours: 32-40 hours
- Completing all bar prep work including, but not limited too: Cutting fruit and other garnishes, juicing, making syrups and other mixers, cleaning, bar set up, restocking, filling ice.
- Inventory: Tracking all bottle stock inventory, communicating to management when items need to be restocked.
- Mixology: Follow Tenth Ward recipes to mix elevated cocktails. Develop cocktail recipes as needed.
- Front of House: Interact with customers to educate them about craft spirits and craft cocktails while providing knowledge about Tenth Ward and our products. Bartenders must represent Tenth Ward in a positive light and maintain professionalism behind the bar.
- Sales: Reach sales goals in relation to cocktail and bottle sales.
- Professional Development: Stay up to date with current industry standards and best practices, grow understanding of current industry trends and participate in Tenth Ward required training sessions.
- 2 years or more of bartending experience
- Mixology skill set required including knowledge on classic cocktails, ability to balance and build the right ingredients for a drink and prior experience crafting cocktail recipes understanding 4, 5 and 6 step cocktails
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box is a plus
- Ability to be quick and efficient during busy evenings
- Attention to detail supporting product quality controls and brand standard
- Customer service skills and effective communication with the guests satisfaction at the forefront of every interaction
Work environment: Candidates must be over 21 years of age, able to lift 50 lbs and be able to work on feet most of the day. Have a great attitude towards the company, teammates, and the guests. Willing and able to do all the necessary work involved in a smaller operation.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.