Location: Tenth Ward Distilling Company; 55 E Patrick Street, Frederick, MD
Type: Full-time, $15-$30/hour
The Head Bartender will be responsible for working all major bar shifts during the week/weekend, training and on-boarding new FOH staff, stocking and tracking inventory, keeping staff on track with side work and cleaning, preparing bar and staff for events, reaching sales goals, overseeing club memberships, working with FOH manager on bar schedule.
This is a full-time position; expectation is that the head bartender has Monday and Wednesday off.
Must be available to swap shifts or meet on off days when needed.
Assume 30-60 minutes for prep work and side work before and after certain shifts. Shifts are subject to some flexibility depending on availability and depending on on-site events scheduled.
- Tuesday 10-4 (prep and management meeting)
- Thursday 2pm-10pm
- Friday 2pm-10pm
- Saturday 2pm-cut
- Sunday 12pm-6pm
- Managing all bar prep work including, but not limited too: cutting fruit and other garnishes, juicing, making syrups and other mixers, cleaning, bar set up, restocking, marrying bottles, filling ice.
- Inventory: Tracking all bar inventory, communicating to management when items need to be restocked.
- Management: Train and oversee day-to-day FOH staff.
- Mixology: Work with owner and team to craft and mix unconventional, engaging and desirable cocktails.
- Front of House: Interact with customers to educate them about craft cocktails and provide knowledge about Tenth Ward and our products. Represent Tenth Ward in a positive light and maintain professionalism behind the bar.
- Sales: Reach sales goals in relation to cocktail and bottle sales.
- Professional Development: Stay up to date with current industry standards and best practices, grow understanding of current industry trends and meet minimum of 40 hours required training per year by Tenth Ward.
- Networking: Being actively involved in the local bar community and promoting our efforts on social media.
- Club membership: Communicating with club members about new releases, maintaining the club member database.
- 2 years of experience in the restaurant, bar or hospitality industry
- Proficient in basic bartender duties
- Innovation using creativity to build recipes
- Ability to be quick and efficient during busy evenings
- Experience with POS systems
- Attention to detail supporting product quality controls and brand standard
- Customer service skills and effective communication to support customer engagement and brand promotion
- MS office and other bar management system experience is a plus
Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs and be able to work on feet most of the day.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
This is a fun position! It encourages creativity and independent thinking. This position receives the following benefits-
- Guaranteed year-end bonus based on performance
- Potential for raises
- 401k retirement options and a match from the company
- Fun team trips and meetings
- Employee discounts
- Bonuses and gifts when monthly sales goals are hit and during birthdays and anniversaries
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TENTH WARD DISTILLING COMPANY
Tenth Ward is a craft distillery, established in 2016, and located in the heart of downtown Frederick, Maryland. The business is woman-owned and locally operated and specializes in whiskey, brandy and absinthe. We forge unconventional spirits and are dedicated to producing unparalleled spirits and reviving Maryland’s booze history.